NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MimiKLM

Feature request for sequence file editor: Expand and collapse functionality for every step type which has to have END step type.

Hi,

Exactly as in subject.

I thought that it will be good if the developers could collapse blocks of code which are in between of the Flow Control or/and Synchronisation step types.

I think about the mechanism we know already from TestStand which hides block of code: i.e. Setup, Main, Cleanup section in the sequence, or it can hide variables. It is a little "+" and little"-" to expand the content of the type of variables.

Capture333.PNG  Capture444.PNG

The types of steps I think of were mainly types from Flow Control and some types from Synchronisation. It would be good if for example we could collapse If-Else-ElseIf-End, Select-End, Case-End, While-End, DoWhile-End, etc statements

I think this functionality could improve the readability of the sequence, and helps the developers to have a better view on the whole sequence.

3 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Duplicate:Folding Editor for Control Flow

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Elaine_R.
Active Participant

i still vote that these conditional blocks don't go far enough 🙂

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand-Idea-Exchange/Expandable-Mode-for-Sequence-Execution-Display/id...

I'm still dreaming of the day that any subsection is collapsable 🙂

WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Duplicate