From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Matt_Cotton

Expand Remote Step Types to RT

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support. Also, SystemLink is working towards solving this problem.

I wanted to gauge community interest in a set of step types for remotely setting up an RT Target.

1) RT Software Install

From a high level, we want to give our users the ability to specify:

• RT Host
  • RT Target
  • RT Software to install

On a lower level, we have a few different ways to specify software to install. The first is to provide the user the ability to specify specific GUID's from the host or to install all available software from the host. The second is to allow the user to install all available, install selected software from a local file that maps distributions and GUID's, install a "Software Set" from a network location that matches a user-specified part number, or communicate to the RT Target and request a list of software that it can have installed.

2) RT Software Un-Install All

User specifies a Target Name (or IP), Password and whether to reboot the target after un-install

3) RT Reboot

User specifies a Target Name (or IP), Password and the target reboots

We've heard interest in these or other remote automation Step Types before, so any feedback or questions would be really valuable!

Matt

1 Comment
WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support. Also, SystemLink is working towards solving this problem.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver