NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RustyStrings

Display sequence in a tree structure

In the same way that the setup, main, and cleanup can be expanded or collapsed, do the same for all of the flow control steps.

Have the steps expanded by default.

I think it would make it easier to study long sequences.

7 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Duplicate: Organize sub-sequences in a sequence file more like file directory structure

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
RustyStrings

How is organizing sequence files a duplicate of displaying flow control steps in a sequence using a tree structure?

I am talking about collapsing all of the steps inside of a for loop or an if statement. using the (-) or (+)  signs to collapse or expand.

I did not see anything close to what I am talking about.

crossrulz
Knight of NI

Sorry, I didn't read your description very well.  It is actually a duplicate of this: Folding editor for control flow

Similar: Expandable Mode for Sequence Execution Display

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
RustyStrings

yes that is the same thing. I didn't find it because I was searching for "tree"

RustyStrings

It was suggested 8 years ago, so it doesn't seem to be likely to be implemented.

SoftWEng

It would be really great if NI did.  I found the other post first but since I use Teststand 2014 I wanted to make sure it hadn't been added since that post but I guess it hasn't.  This is a feature that most IDEs for text based languages have and is expected by programmers.  It would make writing sequences much easier.