NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pulidotech

Different Numeric Format for Measurements and Limits

Closing this per Charlie's comment. If you have any other suggestions for improvements, feel free to post back. Thanks!

Trent

Currently in TestStand, for a Numeric Limit Test, the "Numeric Format" applies to both the measurement and the test limits.  I would like to be able to have different numeric formats for the test limits and the measurement.  For example, I might want my limits to be %.2f (e.g. 1.23-2.34) and my measurement to be %.3f (e.g. 1.345) so that I can demonstrate a certain measurement accuracy.

Pulido Technologies LLC

2 Comments
CharlieRodway
Active Participant

You can set the Numeric Format separately for the numeric value and the limits by navigating to the step in the variable pane, right-clicking on Step.Result.Numeric and selecting "Numeric Format..." on the context menu.

Repeat this for Step.Limits.Low and Step.Limits.High to set the formatting as required.

Numeric Format.PNG

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Already Implemented

Closing this per Charlie's comment. If you have any other suggestions for improvements, feel free to post back. Thanks!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver