NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stryker_Software_Engineer

Custom Dialog Box Overriding the standard "Loop on Selected Steps" Dialog Box

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support and the workaround provided above.

When developing code for the customization of the User (Operator) Interface, I would like the capability to provide my own custom dialog box for “Loop on Selected Steps” by overriding the standard dialog box that TestStand provides. TestStand provides this standard dialog box when the command kind “Loop On Selected Steps Using” is executed.

The problem in our production environment often is our production technicians are required to (manually) perform interactively with a series of sequence steps and repeat those steps 29 times (Our strict regulatory guidelines). Most of our technicians are technologically challenged in our production environment. In our environment, I have developed the TestStand User Interface to where the TestStand Execution and Sequence Views are hidden to production operators but visible to the developers (engineers) and administrators for trouble shooting capability.

If a custom dialog box cannot be done, at least provide the capability to where I can programmability change the properties of the “Loop On Selected Steps”. At least allow the dialog box to be programmability set to where I can set the number of loops, set the stop condition, stop expression, enable/disable the controls or hide the dialog box without the operator needing to manually entering those values into the dialog box.

2 Comments
dug9000
NI Employee (retired)

You can implement a handler for ApplicationMgr.PreCommandExecute and handle the command yourself. You can create a new interactive execution programmatically via the API however you prefer and then set cancel to true in the event handler so that the UI controls do not also handle the event. To create a new interactive execution programmatically, see the API help for InteractiveArgs, NewExecution, and Thread.DoInteractiveExecution. It's not trivial, but it should be doable.

WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support and the workaround provided above.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver