NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
~jiggawax~

Allow Sequence Adapter to expand containers in the module tab

I think it would be a great idea to allow the sequence adapter to expand containers like the CVI and LabVIEW adapters do when you are editing the module for the step. 

See attachment.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
26 Comments
FrankJensen

So there is still no way of doing this?

I am a rookie in TestStand, so I just changed a great deal to be able to do this when calling my subsequences (just like I can when calling VIs), and now I have to change it all back. It just took it for granted that you could do it. Oh well...

-Frank

PS: Does NI ever comment on these suggestions? I would be nice to get some feedback, just to know that someone has actually read it. E.g. "We are working on it", "Noted, but don't hold your breath", "Not possible because ... " or simply just "Forget it".

AustinManinTown
Active Participant

PS: Does NI ever comment on these suggestions? I would be nice to get some feedback, just to know that someone has actually read it. E.g. "We are working on it", "Noted, but don't hold your breath", "Not possible because ... " or simply just "Forget it".

Considering this idea was suggested in 2012, and it is still classified as New, it does make you wonder.

David C
~jiggawax~
Trusted Enthusiast

We at 90 Kudos NI.... come on already!!!

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
p.hoffmann@embex.de

Please implement...

crossrulz
Knight of NI

p.hoffmann,

If you want this implemented, you need to give the idea a Kudos (the star next to the idea title).  NI looks at the Kudo count first.  Just a statement saying you want this will not help the system.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
RafThal

Kudo added.

Nicer and faster programming with less useless code.