From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluegraf

Add option for complete uninstall in installer options

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support.

After a recent attempt to create a virgin system by deinstalling all NI software and installing it again I hit an issue that took quite a while to resolve (FYI: Reference#1295936).

Basically, neither the file system nor the registry was properly cleansed during the uninstallation procedure.

Sometimes this behavior is desired - e.g.. if you want to keep user settings - but sometimes not.

Currently the user is neither given the option to decide whether he wants a "clean" uninstall or one which keeps data saved nor he is given information about the extend of the uninstallation.

An selectable option to create a virgin system (at least regarding NI software) either during deinstallation or later during installation (if residual data is detected) could be helpful.

This applies to all software handled by the NI installation routine, I just put it into the TS-section because there I missed it first.

1 Comment
WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver