From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PHetesi

Add ability to use TestStand message popup to perform selction from a list

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support.

It is not possible to perfrom manual selection (for example, between different products to be Tested by the sequence file) in TestStand by using the Message Popup.

It would be great if a TestStand Message popup had pull down list or radio buttons or etc. to provide manual selection from a list.

pull down list and the picture paths could be populated from a 2D array, something similar like this LabVIEW VI:

Select_from_list.JPG

The reason why I requested this feature is that I am developing a Test solution, where we have to

manually select the product to be tested. My test solution will be used by lots of Test Engineers in the future.

I know that this feature can be realized with a LabVIEW VI easily, but this case, I have no control on the arrangement, layout and stile of this dialog box in the future. In LabVIEW, the pull dow list, buttons and picture can be put everywhere

TestStand would provide a standard arrangement for this dialog.

layout.JPG

2 Comments
asbo

Honestly, I don't see a way to make this generic enough for it to actually be useful. In several projects I've worked on, LabVIEW front panels have been the most straightforward and robust way to display a complex operator prompt.

WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

I'm declining this idea due to lack of community support.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver