NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyGa

Add ability to rename a file when building the deployement

Hi,

Several years that I'm facing this issue : I'd love to be able to rename a file when building my TestStand project image.

It would be particularly nice to ease the installation of a Type Palette thanks to this feature (taken from TS help):

TestStand also searches the TypePalettes directory for type palette files with the Install_ prefix. When TestStand finds a type palette file to install with a base filename that is not the same as any existing type palette file, TestStand removes the Install_prefix and adds the type palette to the type palette list. When TestStand finds a type palette file to install with a base filename that matches an existing type palette, TestStand merges the types from the install file into the existing type palette file and deletes the install file. This method is better than modifying the existing type palette file because this method is more modular and flexible for deployment and updates.

So, in my project I made a type palette file xxx.ini. When deploying this file, I'd love to rename it Install_xxx.ini so TS can install/merge it on the destination computer !

This is just an example of the use case, it could be applied to any file within my deployement image.

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing