NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

national instruments route coordinator

Solved!
Go to solution

What is "National Instruments Route Coordinator"?

I recently noticed that this process is growing in memory overtime.

Any idea on how to fix this memory issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,573 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Manzo77

I'm not a NI hardware/driver expert but my understanding is that NI Route Coordinator is a service that helps with signal routing between different NI PXI hardware. It gets installed by different drivers as you can see on this link: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/54670/en/

As far as solving the memory issue, I suggest you contact our support team. Also I think it might be safe to just stop this service for now, if your system doesn't have any routing requirements.

Message 2 of 13
(5,538 Views)

Can you provide more details about your application?

* What version of "National Instruments Route Coordinator" do you have on your system?

* Are you on PXI/PXIe? If so, how many chassis?

* Do you use trigger routing? If so, do you create / destroy routes in a loop?

* What driver APIs do you use?

If you found a memory leak I'd want to make sure the information makes it to the code owners.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
Message 3 of 13
(5,503 Views)

Following Daniel Jaramillo suggestion I stopped the service and apparently this had no bad effects.

@Marcos Kirsch:

I will double check the version of National Instruments Route Coordinator as soon as I can.

The application is PC based, we don't have any PXI.

We don't use any trigger routing.

About your question related to drivers/APIs...which drivers/APIs are you interested in?

I attach a screenshot of task manager. Looks like a memory leakage to me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,450 Views)

About your question related to drivers/APIs...which drivers/APIs are you interested in?

I'm interested in NI drivers (NI-DAQmx, NI-DMM, ...) and their versions. In addition you could tell us what NI hardware you are using?

National Instruments Route Coordinator should most definitely not be using +2GB or RAM.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,444 Views)

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having a similar problem, where it increased until it was around 4 GB or so.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,486 Views)

Can you tell us what NI hardware you are using, and also what version of the drivers you have on your system?
Have you been able to see the memory usage increase as you perform certain operations or run certain programs?

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,444 Views)

I've attached an NI MAX Report, since we use so many drivers.

I haven't seen it change much for specific actions, it just seems to steadily increase.  In fact I went ahead and created a small exe to track it and it just continuously increases, even when he software is idle (still running, but no one is using it for anything).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,346 Views)

I'm contacting the team that owns Route Coordinator. They may or may not be aware of the issue. But I did notice you aren't running the latest version of the drivers. Consider upgrading everything if it's possible, and also removing any NI software that you don't have an absolute need of from your system.

The memory leak may not be in RoCo proper, but rather in a System Configuration API Plugin that is loaded into the process, since RoCo uses System Configuration internally for several things.

While we hear back from the owners, please let us know if you were able to try the upgrades.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,300 Views)

Thank you for your response!  Are there any drivers in particular that you think updating would help?  We use quite a few drivers as you can see, and I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to spend on the PC.  Also, is there an easy way to tell which drivers aren't used in a project?  I'm not sure I can go through every single driver and test if it's required.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,281 Views)