cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

national instruments route coordinator

Solved!
Go to solution
Highlighted

What is "National Instruments Route Coordinator"?

I recently noticed that this process is growing in memory overtime.

Any idea on how to fix this memory issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(157 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manzo77

I'm not a NI hardware/driver expert but my understanding is that NI Route Coordinator is a service that helps with signal routing between different NI PXI hardware. It gets installed by different drivers as you can see on this link: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/54670/en/

As far as solving the memory issue, I suggest you contact our support team. Also I think it might be safe to just stop this service for now, if your system doesn't have any routing requirements.

Message 2 of 5
(122 Views)

Can you provide more details about your application?

* What version of "National Instruments Route Coordinator" do you have on your system?

* Are you on PXI/PXIe? If so, how many chassis?

* Do you use trigger routing? If so, do you create / destroy routes in a loop?

* What driver APIs do you use?

If you found a memory leak I'd want to make sure the information makes it to the code owners.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
Core Modular Instruments Software
National Instruments
Message 3 of 5
(87 Views)

Following Daniel Jaramillo suggestion I stopped the service and apparently this had no bad effects.

@Marcos Kirsch:

I will double check the version of National Instruments Route Coordinator as soon as I can.

The application is PC based, we don't have any PXI.

We don't use any trigger routing.

About your question related to drivers/APIs...which drivers/APIs are you interested in?

I attach a screenshot of task manager. Looks like a memory leakage to me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(34 Views)

About your question related to drivers/APIs...which drivers/APIs are you interested in?

I'm interested in NI drivers (NI-DAQmx, NI-DMM, ...) and their versions. In addition you could tell us what NI hardware you are using?

National Instruments Route Coordinator should most definitely not be using +2GB or RAM.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
Core Modular Instruments Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(28 Views)