From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to locate package "ni-veristand-custom-device-support"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Using NI Package Manager I installed VeriStand 2019 on one of my machines. Now I would like to have exactly the same modules installed on another machine.

Using NI Package Builder I created an installer for the same modules I've checked during first installation.

VeriStandList.PNG

One of those modules is called NI VeriStand Custom Devices.

When I try to run the installer on second machine I get an error:

VeriStandIssue.PNG

The "pool" folder for installer is missing the ni-veristand-custom-device-support package.

It seems that the NI Package Builder did not copy that specific package to the installer pool.

The feed for ni-veristand-custom-device-support is created but the "Packages" manifest does not contain an entry about ni-veristand-custom-device-support package.

Can anyone know what might have gone wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,544 Views)

Hey pitol, we are investigating and will get back to you.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,467 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pitol

Hi Pitol

It looks like the custom device package cannot be redistributed at this point because of a self-dependency. This has been raised and we are aware of it and looking to fix this in a later build.

The Custom device package is really just a virtual package that has no payload and recommends you install the following packages (for 2019):

NI Engine Simulation Toolkit for VeriStand 2019

NI Scan Engine and EtherCAT for VeriStand 2019

NI SLSC EDS for VeriStand 2019

NI SLSC-12201 DIO for VeriStand 2019

NI Synchronization Custom Device for VeriStand 2019

So one workaround is to redistribute your modules on another machine would be to not include the Custom Devices package but to ensure you include the above listed packages directly. 

Dane S.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 4
(3,443 Views)

Thanks for reply.

My installer already has those packages so I will just remove Custom Devices package and it should work.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,427 Views)