NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressing the recommended packages UI while installing NI Packages via batch files

Hi,

I created a batch file for silent installation of some NI Packages (linke LV, TS,TSM).The commands are as follow :

cd "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager"
NIPackageManager.exe install <package-name> --accept-eulas --progress-only --prevent-reboot

I was not able to see if any errors occurred during the installation since I have used --progress-only argument in the command. Hence, I removed that argument. After that I am seeing UI asking for selecting additional softwares that I may like to install. I want to suppress this UI (may confuse the user) and also should able to see the error (if occurred) during the installation.Is there any way to achieve this?

Regards,
Janani Sivakumar.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,376 Views)

I would use the NIPKG CLI instead to do installation instead. I believe you would want a command like this

nipkg.exe install <package-name> --accept-eulas --yes

If you want to defaultly install the recommended packages, add the --include-recommended flag. This information is all in the CLI help. nipkg.exe help [command]

Message 2 of 4
(1,360 Views)

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response. 

Using NIPKG CLI commands will show the installation progress in the command prompt. I have a requirement where progress should be shown in default NIPM GUI and not in command prompt. In that case what would be the better solution?

Regards,

Janani Sivakumar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,320 Views)

If you are required to use the GUI, I think what you have previously seen is the best you currently can do. The features of each command line interface are not currently matching for nipkg.exe and NIPackageManager.exe. Personally it appears that the nipkg.exe has more features other than being able to download NI packages without the feeds. The only other idea I have is to use the NIPM API to make a customized GUI that is automated.

Message 4 of 4
(1,312 Views)