NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Installation in NIPM

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I would like to install NI System Link Client and NI SystemLink Test Module programmatically by using commands or by any other means. The use case is in each system link client PC, the user has to install both packages plus some other setup and files, instead, if we give everything as one-click installer it will be easy for them.

I have tried the following command nipkg install -y --allow-downgrade --allow-uninstall --accept-eulas ni-systemlink-test-module [windows_x64][version_18.5.2.49152-0+f0]"  but getting the following error Error -125233: Specified package '[windows_x64]' is invalid. Expected syntax: 'package_name[:architecture][version_operator version]'

I have tried to use the APIs provided here but that also gives the same error.

Any help to make this command work or any other way to achieve my requirement will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Gokilavani

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,891 Views)

Command line syntax with square brackets such as [:architecture] generally means that that part is optional.  But if you specify that part, you need to leave off the brackets.

But just try specifying the package name without architecture and version and that should give you what you want:

nipkg install -y --allow-downgrade --allow-uninstall --accept-eulas ni-systemlink-test-module

You would need to specify those modifiers if there were multiple architectures/versions in your connected feeds.

Message 2 of 11
(4,874 Views)

To specify architecture and version when installing a package you will do:

nipkg install -y --allow-downgrade --allow-uninstall --accept-eulas ni-systemlink-test-module:windows_x64=18.5.2.49152-0+f0

But you can simply skip those and let nipkg select the best matching architecture and version for you as ck.x suggested.

(4,866 Views)

The SystemLink Test Module is a server side component that you probably don't need to install on your clients.  However, you may need to include the relevant TestStand plugin since the nipkg command line doesn't install recommended packages (i.e. ni-skyline-test-monitor-teststand-2014-support).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,848 Views)

Thanks, everyone for the response.

I have tried the methods you have mentioned but looks like it's not working. I ran the commands from the command prompt. Please find the details below.

Method 1:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager>nipkg install -y --allow-downgrade --allow-uninstall --accept-eulas ni-systemlink-test-module
Unable to locate package 'ni-systemlink-test-module' with a compatible version and architecture. Got this error.

Method 2:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager>nipkg install -y --allow-downgrade --allow-uninstall --accept-eulas ni-systemlink-test-module:windows_x64=18.5.2.49152-0+f0
Unable to locate package 'ni-systemlink-test-module (= 18.5.2.49152-0+f0)' with a compatible version and architecture. Got this error.

But I have made sure that package file(ni-systemlink-test-module_18.5.2.49152-0+f0_windows_x64.nipkg) exists in "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\packages" folder.

I'm not sure whether I'm missing something and I have attached the screenshot of cmd with commands. Please help me to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,832 Views)

Thanks, JoshuaP for letting me know this.

Client won't need any other package than ni-skyline-test-monitor-teststand-2016-support and systemlink client for monitoring tests in the client. Does my understanding correct?

If I want to install system link client and  ni-skyline-test-monitor-teststand-2016-support programmatically using commands, does it correct way? Will it be installed with all required dependencies to make it work properly? 

Please let me know your thoughts on the above items.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,831 Views)

That error usually occurs when you try to install a package that is not included in any currently registered feeds. If you're wanting to install the SystemLink Client packages, you'll want to make sure to register the SystemLink Client feed (https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-s/ni-systemlink-client/19.0/released) before trying to install. You can register feeds via the NIPM CLI as well using the 'nipkg feed-add' command. 

Try registering the feed and then running the install commands. 

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,825 Views)

Hi Grey,

Thanks for your reply. I'm unable to access the link you have mentioned. I'm getting an error saying I don't have permission to access. Can you please send me the link which I will be able to access?

Thanks,

Gokilavani

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,807 Views)

Gokilavani,

Yes, if you just click on that link you will get a '403 Forbidden' error from your browser because there is no webpage at that location.  @GreyGrey was saying that is the URL to register for the SystemLink Client feed.  If you're using the nipkg command line, the command is

nipkg.exe feed-add http://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-s/ni-systemlink-client/19.0/released/
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,802 Views)

I am getting the same error and have already registered the feed. I am running this on an embedded windows machine. Is anyone else experiencing this?systemlink_install.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,926 Views)