NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Feed with a customer

I would like to finish of my CI process with delivery package to customer. Once I have succesfull build I would like to make a call to my customer and ask him to go update package within NIPKG manager.

In order to do that I need to have a way to share feed over internet. So far I have tested:

- sharing feed using windows shared folder ; it works internally but in order to share it with customer I would need to ask him to connect to our vpn

- sharing feed using dropbox ;  dropbox syncronise automatically, when i publish to feed on my local computer it gets synchronised on remote computer, when nipkg is set to take feed from local folder on remote computer everything works; it looks like pretty robust way but still there is a bit of hassle to set it up

Ideally I would like to have file share which allows me to add some authentication token within URI, unfortunatelly there is now way to pass authentication credentials within NIPKG manager.

Does anybody know about similar solution?

How this kind of situations are being hendled in different pacakage mangers like npm, nuget etc?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,217 Views)

Here is a related idea you may want to review and kudo.

Message 2 of 5
(2,144 Views)

I'm struggling with the same problem using Artifactory (which is a binary repository management tool) it seems there is no way to configure authentication in NIPM (no header to provide API KEY, no user/password credentials...).

Arcale - CLA, CLED, CTD - LabVIEW 2b || !2b
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,026 Views)

Link to the idea on this topic. +1 Kudo from me

Message 4 of 5
(2,018 Views)

Hi Nicolas_Bats,

Unfortunately, currently there is not a way to configure authentication for .nipkg packages or feeds. Thanks for creating the idea in the Idea Exchange as that will help us gauge interest from our users.

Aaron Peña

Productization Lead, Package Management

NI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,011 Views)