NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Builder (running Non-Package MSI Installer)

So I have a Package I have put together for my group that installs several items we use in our daily development. This package also is deployed to our machines so it include runtime software, driver ETC. 

There is one driver missing from this package i would like to add, it is the NI-AMI Runtime. There is no package for this form NI, in Package Manager is shows as other software and I am having a difficult finding a download for it on their website. I did navigate to the productCache for it and then found this link on how to implement it in the builder

https://www.ni.com/documentation/en/ni-package-builder/latest/manual/custexerunningmsi/

however, it takes my working build and just hangs and does not seem to work, per the link example above. 

I am wondering if anyone has either gotten a MSI to work OR has a link to package or details on the NI-AMI that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(897 Views)

Just my luck, I post this and the see a similar topic which seems to have given me an answer that there is a bug in 20.6 

I downgraded to 20.5 and it seems to be working, I will know as soon as I test it on a fresh machine

Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(884 Views)