From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIPM can't be uninstalled

Hello,

I was trying to uninstall NI products from a borrowed laptop. I went to Programs and Features,  located National Instrument Software, and click on "Uninstall/Change" button. Then, NIPM was launched automatically. After that, NIPM shows "loading", forever. 

Then I restarted the laptop and went to Programs and Features. This time I thought maybe try to uninstall the NIPM first. So I located NIPM and click on "Uninstall/Change". Same thing, NIPM launched and keep "loading" forever.

Why does it happen? Is there any way that I can uninstall NI products from this borrowed laptop? It has Win7 OS.

Thanks!

Shanshan 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,468 Views)

How long did you wait for it to load before restarting (I know you can't time "forever", just was wondering how long you gave it)?  Does this machine have network access to ni.com?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,444 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I re-tried today and took some photos, as attached. I have waited for more than 3 hours, the NIPM is still loading.

Yes, I have internet access to ni.com.

Any thoughts/comment/suggestion is highly appreciated.

Shanshan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,436 Views)

Can we make sure that you have the most recent version of NI Package Manager installed? Here's the link to the latest version of NIPM (19.0). Try installing that and then see if NI Package Manager will load.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,433 Views)