NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIPM appears to be misinterpreting my computer's installed Windows version

I have a unique issue.  I have built some packages for an internal product.  When I go to install them on a laptop I have, the install works just fine so I'm pretty sure that the packages themselves are OK.  

The funny thing comes when I try and install it on a desktop I have, which is actually newer than the laptop.  I've confirmed that it is running Windows 64-bit.  But, when I try and install the packages on the desktop I have been getting errors that it can't find a compatible version of the packages.  This is where I get confused, because it's a default installation of NIPM and a 64-bit OS and the packages in this case are actually specified for x64 architecture (because we are building from LabVIEW 2016 with the package builder installed).  

Has anyone else seen this type of interaction?  If so, were you able to resolve the issue and how?

Are there things I should try to be able to install these packages anyway?  Is it possible that NIPM is running 32-bit?  If so, how can I run the 64-bit version explicitly?

I appreciate any help or feedback.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(876 Views)