From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Package manager command line "List" does not return packages in sorted order.

This is a feature request \ bug report. I'm using

nipkg list <name of my component> to return the list of all versions of that component from all feeds registered to my machine. The list is NOT in order. It would be nice to ge the list in either increasing or decreasing order. (even better if we had the option to specify increasing or decreasing). See the screenshot below:

2019-01-15_10h47_33.png

Message 1 of 3
(2,922 Views)

I did some additional testing and figured out that the order that we see in the log is the order in which the packages are discovered as it goes through NIPM's registered feeds. The feed order can be seen in NIPM's feed management tab. 

I also agree that it would be more convenient to have the packages output in order of version. Thank you for the feedback! We'll definitely take that into consideration!

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,905 Views)

If anyone is looking for a LabVIEW VI to programmatically do this... the Get Package Available Versions VI in the NIPM API (v3.0.0.4) returns a package's available versions from highest to lowest version.  You can install this API by searching "NIPM API" in VIPM.

deleteme.png

Thanks for the feedback on the "nipkg list" CLI command!

Message 3 of 3
(2,880 Views)