NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Package builder error "deployment\files.json"

Solved!
Go to solution

Today I went to create a NI Package from LabVIEW 2020 SP1, and during the build process I received an error saying 

jyoung8711_0-1614381550552.png

I had never built a package through LabVIEW before, but I have through NI Package Builder, however I'm using a new computer, so I switched over to the NI Package builder, and tried to build a similar package (from a LabVIEW EXE), and the package built fine, but when I went to build an installer I received a very similar message:

jyoung8711_0-1614381236670.png

Indeed, when I check that path, there are no files there at all! the directory doesn't even exist....

I've done the following:

- Checked with 32/64 bit software

- Ran in Administrator mode

- Uninstalled/Resintalled BOTH NI Package Manager AND NI Package Builder

Nothing resolves these issues... I'm running 20.6 software for Manager/Builder, and LV 2020 SP1.

The system is VERY fresh (just started working from it in February of this year.  I have an older system where I could use the package builder just fine... I also checked there and there were a variety of files inside the "Deployment" directory...

Any suggestions on what to do here?

This is very frustrating...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,361 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jyoung8711

I've managed to solve this problem.

After trying several older versions of both package builder, and package manager (and STILL not getting things to work), I uninstalled package manager deleted (after backing up) the remaining "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager" and %ProgramData%\National Instruments\NI Package Manager folders.

After running the NI Package manager installer again, the "deployment" folder magically re-appeared, and things worked again...

I'm still confused as to why the folder wouldn't be there, or would disappear in the first place, but the problem is now resolved.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,311 Views)