NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Package Manager feed timeout

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a system connected to our internal network but with no access to the internet.  NI Package Manager appears to want to connect to external feeds when it is launched, and hangs indefinitely if it cannot connect.  If I disconnect the network cables (including to the PXI system) then NIPM will start OK - with a message that it cannot connect.  

Can NI Package Manager please have a timeout on connection, so it will still startup if there are networks detected but no internet connection.  5s would possible be a good place to start.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,484 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IanDeaville(ZF)

I do believe there is timeout setting. It appears to be hidden away in an INI file: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\Settings\ni-package-manager-defaults.ini

The default appears to be 1,000,000 units just not sure what the units are. My guess is that it is be seconds since that is what cURL seems to use for timeouts.

(3,415 Views)

Bill,

Many thanks for that.  The units does indeed appear to be seconds.  Waiting 11½ days for a server response is quite generous I think...

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,401 Views)