NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Package Builder: Unable to copy lvanlys.dll

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello I'm getting error "Error -19041: Cannot Copy Files" when building package. There is a problem when copying from C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2019\resource\lvanlys.dll to C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2019\resource\lvanlys.dll.

Does anyone know what this may be about and why this library wants to be copied to such a strange place? Is C:\Users\Admin\Desktop a staging area? If so, then why it can't be copied there?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,505 Views)

Where on disc is your NIPM project? Are you using the default ./Packages out the package output folder?

Message 2 of 9
(2,499 Views)

Yes

prop.png

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,493 Views)

Where is the .pbs file saved?

Message 4 of 9
(2,479 Views)

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\PBS\Solution.pbs - I think I know now what is going on 🙂

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,476 Views)

I changed Output Directory to C:\Projects\PBS and the error message remained unchanged - so idk what is going on 😞

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,473 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

The problem disappears when "process during staging" is unchecked for every packed library.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,432 Views)

That makes sense, as the making its own PPL is part of the processing before it builds the package.

Message 8 of 9
(2,425 Views)

Michał, I am glad that you were able to use the option to tell NIPB to just copy the file and not process it. Is this the same project as your post NI Package Builder: Dependencies that are not within the image directory or its subdirectories? Assuming yes, I will ask additional questions in that post.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,388 Views)