NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Package Builder: Solution load error (-16038) format of the path not supported

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I tried to open a solution for the NI Package Builder and get the following error:

image.png

(The specified path format is not supported.)

I added a lot of inputs in this solution, so it would be nice to know which path is not supported.

Any ideas how i could get a solution for this error?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,402 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MOBA-User

MOBA-User, this is likely a known issue, Bug 897464, that has not been fixed yet. This bug occurs when you saved a solution that has a network path for input file or directory, i.e. \\server\share\directory\file.ext.

The only workaround is to use a mapped drive letter, i.e. SUBST T: \\server\share\, and then use T:\directory\file.ext for input file.

Scott Richardson
Message 2 of 4
(2,361 Views)

You can edit the solution file by changing the offending line that looks like this:

<RelativePath>file:\\server\share\directory\file.ext</RelativePath>

If you do not know where the file will be right now, the simplest edit is to change it to a local path that does not exist and on load of solution NIPB will flag that the file is not found. You can then right click on the missing input file and select "Find Missing Input Item on Disk" to select the new local location of the input file.

Scott Richardson
Message 3 of 4
(2,347 Views)

Thank you Mr. Richardson, that was helpful.

I changed the path to a local one and now the solution could be opened again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,298 Views)