From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Package Builder: Dependencies that are not within the image directory or its subdirectories

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Does anyone understand what is wrong with my configuration? The sequence references code from a subfolder. So why am I getting "Error -19037: Packed Library Cannot Set Relative Path To Dependencies"?

dep.png

daq.png

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,807 Views)

It maybe an issue with it being a PPL. I believe NIPM will attempt to build a PPL itself of the code used in the Sequences.

Message 2 of 10
(2,804 Views)

But I'm not providing PPL spec in TestStand, so how can it build it?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,801 Views)

NIPB is building its own PPL of the code, not rebuilding your PPL. I have not used the NIPB personal as a replacement for the TestStand Deployment Utility, but this is my understanding of how it operates in this case.

Message 4 of 10
(2,795 Views)

In help I found this:

Use the following suggestions to resolve the issue.
  • In the output pane, select the packed project library and change the destination such that the dependencies can be placed inside the target root directory in the correct location relative to the packed project library.
  • In the project you use to build the packed project library, update the dependency destination in the same destination or in a subdirectory of the destination of the packed project library.

But without an example I can't understand it - maybe I'm just tired of this...

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,788 Views)

I replaced packed libraries call with vi calls. Dependency errors disappeared, by now I have others.

other.png

Is this tool that difficult to use? Why would anyone bother with all this? Where is the benefit? For now, I have to admit that it would be much easier to configure the whole deployment in a bat file...

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,749 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

The problem disappears when "process during staging" is unchecked for every packed library.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,713 Views)

Michal -

Can you share what version of NIPB you are using, the latest in 20.6. Also, what version of TestStand and LabVIEW is active on your system at the time to build, and what version of LabVIEW built the PPLs previously?

It sounds like NIPB is trying to do more than necessary for your use case. My guess is that you have steps that call VIs in a PPL, the PPL is relative to the sequence file, and you have already built the PPL. And as you mentioned, you are not configuring the step to call the VI in the Specify Module pane and not configuring the step to specify the path to the project and PPL as an "override". Can you confirm?

Does the sequence file call VIs that are loose or in a project and not in a PPL? I ask this because one workflow for NIPB is for the user to add a sequence file to a package and during build of the package, NIPB discovers the VIs and adds them to a Support Directory near the deployed location of the sequence file. When doing this NIPB uses TestStand to update the paths from the steps to the location on disk where the VIs exist when deployed.

Would you be willing to share the project and some of the supporting files with us to try to better understand the failure and to potentially reproduce it here?

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,676 Views)

TestStand Engine Version 2019 f3 (19.0.0.170) 32-bit)
NIPB 19.0.1.49152
LV 19.0.1f3 (32-bit)

@Scott_Richardson wrote:

It sounds like NIPB is trying to do more than necessary for your use case. My guess is that you have steps that call VIs in a PPL, the PPL is relative to the sequence file, and you have already built the PPL. And as you mentioned, you are not configuring the step to call the VI in the Specify Module pane and not configuring the step to specify the path to the project and PPL as an "override". Can you confirm?

Yes. See this:

vimod.png

@Scott_Richardson wrote:

Would you be willing to share the project and some of the supporting files with us to try to better understand the failure and to potentially reproduce it here?

Can we do it in private conversation? I don't want to share by accident some potentially confidential information 🙂

Is PBS file enough? Or you need seq file with PPL also?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,619 Views)

No problem, private conversation started.

[Edit] I noticed Michal is using 19.0.1 which is basically our first release and the latest is 19.6 which includes various bug fixes including some related to PPL use in TestStand sequences, so will continue that in offline discussion.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,592 Views)