NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ignore "Error -125440: An error occurred while running the custom execute queue 'pre'" and uninstall Package completely?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've built a package (.nipkg) for my product and specified a pre-uninstall action. During the tests it turns out that my pre-uninstall action contains an error. When trying to uninstall this package with the wrong pre-uninstall action, I always gets the error "Error -125440: An error occurred while running the custom execute queue 'pre'".

How to skip this error and continue uninstalling the package? Is there a flag like --ignore-errors or --force-uninstall?

Thanks,

Nikita.

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,121 Views)

Unfortunately, there's not currently a flag like you mention to get around a broken pre-uninstall custom execute. It is something that we are hoping to implement in future versions, but at this time is not. There is a process to get the package off the system but it requires editing some NIPM resource files that we do not recommend users do unless given strict instructions unique to their issue. For this reason, I don't want to add those instructions to this public forum but I'll send you a direct message and we can proceed from there.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,066 Views)

Thanks for the info!

Having the opportunity to force removal of the package in the future releases is a must in my opinion.  It is good that we have a backup plan though! My next package (if it requires a pre-uninstall action) will definitely invoke this step as an "optional" step - I don't want to get stuck when deleting and more importantly updating my packages.

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
Message 3 of 11
(6,054 Views)

Please also direct message me - I have the same issue now due to a post-uninstall error

CLA, Teststand and advanced SQL
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,467 Views)

I too have run into this problem. I have fixed it in the passed but something has changed in the most recent version of NIPM. Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,412 Views)

I managed to get myself in this situation, as well : built a package with a pre-uninstall.bat script configured with a "Temp" destination, and now the uninstall action ALWAYS deletes before it has a chance to run. 😧

(To be fair, there *is* a note in https://www.ni.com/documentation/en/ni-package-manager/latest/manual/installation-target-roots/ that recommends not doing this, but I only found that after the fact).

Could somebody DM me the instructions for how to get this uninstalled? 

Also: can someone at NI open a CAR to add validity checks in the Package build specifications that prevent referencing anything in TEMP as a pre-uninstall action?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,707 Views)

I have run into the same error. Any way I can get help with uninstalling?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,419 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NikitaProrekhin

Hi Truss, please try following the steps from this article: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YPYfCAO&l=en-US

Fabian Solano

NI | Technical Support

Message 8 of 11
(4,386 Views)

Hi Fabian, thanks for posting a KB article.

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,372 Views)

Fabian, thanks for sharing the article! The solution worked for my issue.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,301 Views)