From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building NI Packages for older versions of NI Package Manager

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm making an update to a package I've made in the past and I'm trying to deploy it to my one of my systems. I'm running into an issue with deploying with this error message:

errors:
- Error -125081: Package 'my-package' requires a newer version of Package Manager. To update, navigate to the Package Manager UPDATES tab and update the NI Package Manager package. After updating, retry this transaction. (Compatibility value 200601 is less than package value 200702.)
"

I'm in a position where I can't update the Package Manager (It's a long story, but it's not doable). Is there a way in NI Package Builder where I can build new packages targeting older versions of Package Manager? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,421 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mason.Chou

The system you build the NI package with will need to have the version of NIPM you want it to be installable with. It appears that the version of NIPM installed is used/listed at the minimal required version. You can find older versions of NIPM from the download pages offline installers link.

(1,378 Views)

Hey Bill,

A bit late, my IT department is extremely slow with catching up to the modern times. I just tried this and it works.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,260 Views)