cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse Products tab gone after update

Solved!
Go to solution

This is terrible.

The NI package manager was a wonderful solution to the awful problem of getting various complex mixtures of NI software onto different computers. It was so wonderful, I installed it on every computer in my lab that I had to run NI software on.

Why would you kneecap it like this? It was great. Please bring it back. Don't make me go back to using the web search to try to find the right installers.

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 52
(2,465 Views)

Hi bkardon,

Please see my post from Feb 3 here. We will be bringing it back in the next release.

Thanks.

- Aaron

Message 42 of 52
(2,458 Views)

You missed Aaron's message.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Package-Manager-NIPM/Browse-Products-tab-gone-after-update/m-p/4118453/h...

While you might still fault NI for removing it in the first place, they did listen to feedback. It will be coming back.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 52
(2,454 Views)

Yes, thanks, I see it now. Very glad they're bringing it back!

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 52
(2,452 Views)

Is the ETA on this still April?  Chance that it will be put off?    I have a Client that needs to upgrade to either 2019 or 2020.   I would prefer 2020, but at the moment there is a high risk of not being able to install something needed, so I have to recommend 2019.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 52
(2,314 Views)

Hi drjdpowell,

The current ETA is still April. I feel very confident that it will NOT be put off.

Thanks.

- Aaron

Message 46 of 52
(2,269 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 52
(2,244 Views)

Hi All,

As I'm sure many of you have already realized, NIPM 20.7 has been released and the Browse Products tab is back! See this post for more details about NIPM 20.7:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Package-Manager-NIPM/New-20-7-release-of-NI-Package-Manager/m-p/4141857

Thanks again for your feedback and please keep it coming!

Aaron Peña

Message 48 of 52
(2,133 Views)

Hi Aaron

Thanks so much to you and the NI team for bringing back this functionality.

Just curious... any reason why we can only download the last two years of LabVIEW?

Chris_Cilino_0-1618350316938.png

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 52
(2,096 Views)

Chris,

Probably because those are the only versions that were released as NI Packages. LabVIEW 2018 SP1 from the download pages is still a 1.53GB ZIP download.

Message 50 of 52
(2,092 Views)