From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken NI Feed?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have user that was experience an installation issue I have not seen before. The process had just worked for them the other week, but I wonder with the latest LabVIEW 2019 patch had changed the situation. As part of the installation, NIPM's command line is used to install several packages, which currently included a dependency to LabVIEW 2019 runtime engine. The specified version is listed as available, however then the installation runs, nipkg.exe states it cannot download there package file. Is there something wrong with the NI feed for the follow package?

Command Line Error

Downloading ni-labview-2019-runtime-engine_19.1.2.49153-0+f1_windows_x64.nipkg: Done
Error -125011: The feed URL you are trying to reach is not available. Check to make sure the URL is correct, and that the server is running and configured to accept remote requests (https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/pool/ni-l/ni-labview-2019-runtime-engine/19.1.2/19.1.2.49153-0...).

I was able to temporarily work around by manually installing the package from the .nipkg file I had previously downloaded on another PC. However, if this is going to continue to happen, I would have to rewrite our installation routine.

Message 1 of 10
(2,778 Views)

Can you please explain the exact steps you followed to get this error?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,718 Views)

The user ran our installation batch script that called nipkg.exe command line to install packages from our internal feed. One of the packages has a dependency on the runtime. As it was installing it got the error. The runtime package version is listed during nipkg.exe list, but it could not install since it could not be downloaded.

Message 3 of 10
(2,702 Views)

I'm getting the same error, with a reference to ni-labview-2019-runtime-engine-x86...

I've tried several times with no success.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,684 Views)

Unchecking the update for 32-bit Labview 2019 allowed the update to work, but since that's what I use, I'm not sure where I stand now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,681 Views)

Because of caching issue, the f3 and f4 patches were not listed intermittently. Can you please check now?
Can you also share the feed list? "%ProgramFiles%\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\nipkg.exe" feed-list

vasanth2901_0-1622182502755.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,669 Views)

The Runtime is still not available again this morning. I have attached the list of NIPM Feeds.

Message 7 of 10
(2,655 Views)

I have filed a service request, #01166587, on this issue.

Message 8 of 10
(2,617 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CL_eisenwr

Bill, I do not have access to the service request that you highlighted, however, my understanding is that the underlying issue has been fixed for the LabVIEW 2019 SP1 f4 Runtime (64-bit) installer. You may want to try your use case again.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,524 Views)

Scott,
I just got email this morning from support letting me know as well. My issue does appear to be fixed now as I could now install that failed earlier.

Message 10 of 10
(2,504 Views)