cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating the filtration in NIPM

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi
The available features of NI package Manager allows us to view the customized packages(that published in the registered feeds) and NI Realted packages with few filters based on their maintainers and category within the packages Tab. We are in need to view a subset of packages which includes some custom packages and NI driver packages alone under packages Tab. We thought of some methods but all that had some difficulties along with it.
1.We could able to either add the NI driver packages to our feed but there is no separate filter to view the packages published in a particular feed alone and also there are numerous Ni driver packages which was not that easy to publish in our feed which will bring much complexity in the existing system.
2.we could utilize the available filters to make our own subset of packages to be under packages Tab. Is there any way to automate the filters which will provide initial view of NIPM with only desired packages to be visible to the user? I went through the built in browse commands and was not sure about commands regarding automating the filtering options available in NIPM.
It would be useful if you provide some suggestions to achieve our requirement.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,921 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Janani_28
  1. I would recommend at least kudoing the idea to add feed as filter for NIPM. And with NIPM 20.0, you would not need to add the NI Packages. NIPM has been updated to automatically detect and find needed NI published packages.
  2. You might be able to use command line options for NIPackageManger.exe. (run it with /? to get full details) You might be able to use  --initial-view=Packages  --filter="SomeIDofYourPackage". The search does look deeper than just names to include the descriptions so you may want to include an something unique so you can filter to your packages.

(1,886 Views)

Thanks for the response and valuable suggestions. This is what I looked for:)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,852 Views)