NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while upgrading the package from'ni-ssp-notifier(19.0.0.49152-0+f0)' to'ni-ssp-notifier(20.6.0.49152-0+f0)'.

An error occurred while upgrading the package from'ni-ssp-notifier(19.0.0.49152-0+f0)' to'ni-ssp-notifier(20.6.0.49152-0+f0)'.

Gloria_123456_0-1623683695988.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,670 Views)

Gloria, it would be helpful to those that follow this forum to know the following:

1) What version of NIPM is installed on the system?

2) What were you installing when the error occurred, and was it a small online installer, an full offline installer, or were you installing from a product from the Browse Products tab in NIPM?

3) Can you capture and share the logs for NIPM associated with the installation as outlined in the following KB? It would be helpful to enable MSI logs and capture those if you can still reproduce the issue.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,591 Views)

Hi Richardson

I also encountered the same problem.

I am installing labview2021.The installation package is full offline installer of labview2021.

I have tried several other installation methods, and the error prompt is the same.

The system is win10.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,069 Views)

Hi kensu -

The error that is occurring is likely being returned to NI Package Manager while trying to install the underlying MSI in the "ni-ssp-notifier" package that LabVIEW is installing. Later versions of NI Package Manager now do try to surface any underlying error text in the message that appears, but if you are using an older version of NI Package Manager, it will not appear. Either way, it would be helpful if you could enable MSI logging as indicated in the below KB, perform the failing install again, and then share with this forum the generated default error "nipkg" and any msi log files generated.

KB: Generating and Locating NI Package Manager Error Logs

Once we have those, those on the forum may be able to help you further.

FYI, I also found the following KB, which may or may not be the cause of your issue. The above logs will give us more information to dig deeper.

KB: Error -125490 in NIPM Log: Error Occurred While Reading Instructions File

Scott Richardson
Message 4 of 8
(3,063 Views)

Hi kensu, assuming that you enabled MSI logging as indicated in the KB, there should be a corresponding "msi" log file in the %localappdata%\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\Logs\WinInstMSI directory. Can you share that?

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,009 Views)

Hi, did you solve the problem?

I just have the same problem and I have not advanced in months there is no information.

If you succeeded, I would be very grateful if you told me how you did it. bye bye

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,060 Views)

Carlos, for users of the forum to help you with this please see the reply above for enabling MSI logging and gathering both the NIPkg and MSI log files for when you attempt to install again. If you share the log files here, we might be able to help.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,038 Views)