NI Package Management Idea Exchange

Community Browser
Top Authors
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Package Management Idea Exchange

Post your ideas that are related to NI package management. This includes NI Package Manager, NI Package Builder, creating NI packages (.nipkg), distributing NI packages (.nipkg), managing feeds, and more.

Post an idea

I propose to add pre- and post build actions to the LabVIEW package build spec as already present in e.g. executable build spec

• Package creation

I propose to allow adding dependencies in NI Package Builder that is not part of the active solution - and that are not NI packages. It should be possible to press "add dependency" and then type in the package name as free text

0 Kudos

It would be nice to be able to customize what is shown in the NIPM installation window while a Custom Execute is running. Frequently I am calling cmd.exe to run custom actions, so the executing cmd.exe is not very helpful as that is just means to calling something else with arguments. I would be helpful to be able to give a better description to the users of what was happening during that call. I would be ok if it was just an addition to what is shown now.