NI Package Management Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taggart

Restore the browse functionality

This idea has been implemented in NIPM 20.7. See this post for more details:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Package-Manager-NIPM/New-20-7-release-of-NI-Package-Manager/m-p/4141857

Stop forcing is to use the website. It is basically impossible to find anything.

Restore the browse functionality to NIPM.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
19 Comments
Chris_Cilino
Active Participant

Ummm..... 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Freel

idea

Michael_Howard

Sam,

I completely agree. While receiving service support, I voiced this exact same issue. The person who was providing me with the support for my issue agreed and also revealed that this is a complaint filed by many users.

mwatkins

yep, bring back the browse! 

Sr Test Engineer at American Innovations - LabVIEW CLA - Kudo's are appreciated!!
TheQ
Active Participant

1000 times kudo! (Too bad I have but only one kudo to give.)

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

Bob_Schor
Knight of NI

What's the problem?  Why don't you use the Search function in NIPM?  You know, the one that takes you to one of 5 or 6 (who's counting?) different NI Sites where you still can't find the object of your search (because you chose the wrong "bag to look in"?  I worry that if NI keeps "improving" much more, we're all in trouble ...

Bob Schor (hmm, where do I give a bunch of Kudos?)

Enrique.Noe

Sam, I totally agree with you.

Kudos x 1000

Bill_Welch

Sam is spot on I personally think this is one of most foolish decisions NI has made

Bill Welch
t.kendall

How can I vote on this more times? 

crossrulz
Knight of NI

Hopefully NI actually pays attention to the fact that this idea has been out for 1 week and already has 3x more kudos than the next most popular NIPM Idea (which has been around for just under a year).  Now if only we could count the number of kudos people actually want to give it...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5