From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Package Management Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taggart

Restore the browse functionality

This idea has been implemented in NIPM 20.7. See this post for more details:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Package-Manager-NIPM/New-20-7-release-of-NI-Package-Manager/m-p/4141857

Stop forcing is to use the website. It is basically impossible to find anything.

Restore the browse functionality to NIPM.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
19 Comments
User002
Not applicable

Oh my goodness, yes! I had so much optimism that NIPM would help me manage installation better. If the website was in top form, that'd be something, but I ratify the sentiment here that it's still a maze to navigate. Please, oh, please, bring back NIPM's ability to install stuff.

Neil.Pate
Active Participant

It is tragic that we have to suggest this as an idea. Wake up NI! We are not going to put up with this rubbish for very much longer.

wromeo

Sam,

I totally agree!

This change to NIPM did not improve the productivity of using NI Software, It seems soon a PhD 👨‍🎓👩‍🎓 will be required to install NI software.

Its not only the website, it takes now much more time to find, download and install something than before.

ActiveFrontEnd

Please return this functionality.  Or at the very least explain what users get by removing the functionality?  I am very disappointed that NI would use their precious engineering time to remove something that improved the lives of so many customers.

APena
Status changed to: In Development
Chris_Cilino
Active Participant
t.kendall

Excellent! Now give me a button where I can save the packages I have installed and install them on another computer.  Also a cli tool for doing the same on a docker container. 

APena
Status changed to: Looking for Maintainer(s)

This idea has been implemented in NIPM 20.7. See this post for more details:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Package-Manager-NIPM/New-20-7-release-of-NI-Package-Manager/m-p/4141857

Dorian_

@t.kendall, the installed Packages are located under C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\raw , their package files are under [...]\packages.

The cli tool you might be looking for is nipkg.exe, located under C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager.

I'm not sure if there's some online doc about that tool but nipkg help gives you the available functions and nipkg help <function> some details about the specified <function>