NI Measurement Studio Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IDCDeveloper

Graph axis caption orientation.

Hi, NI team.
I was adviced to share my idea here ( actually it was something I needed, not idea 🙂 ).
I have Waveform graph control in my application. There are two axes: vertical and horizontal. The plots I show on the graph have different units by vertical axis, so I decided to show those units as a caption of vertical axis. However I wasn't able to give this caption appropriate view and was forced to use label control. The problem with the caption of vertical axis is that it is oriented vertically and you can only change text direction between top-to-down and down-to-top. What I was looking for is a normal orientation from-left-to-right.

May be someone else will use this feature in future 🙂
Regards

1 Comment
D-Cubed
NI Employee (retired)

While the Windows Forms graph axes do not support the label orientation you have suggested here, the WPF graph controls have always supported label orientation. You can set the LabelOrientation property on the vertical Axis of your graph to None, which will cause the label orientation to appear horizontal.

For now, I would recommend trying out the WPF graph control, if you would like to implement this kind of customization.

Warm regards,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments