NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO openCV

Hi guys! I am a newbie in using labview or openCV software and I am just wondering if I can implement an openCV library code into the myrio. I know that labview can implement openCV library via .dll file. However, I want to know if this can also be implemented to myrio. Are there ways to do this? Thanks for your support

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,416 Views)

Hey Jason,

Check out the resources here!  I downloaded the manual and it came with a support file that explains how to build the OpenCV Libraries for NI Linux RT which is what is running on the myRIO!

-Bear

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,394 Views)

I followed the instructions, however I am encountering a problem. It says that the g++ compiler is broken and cannot compile a simple test program.

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,340 Views)

Did you test out the opencv packages that are available on the feeds and installable through opkg?

To the failure that you're reporting with CMake, I don't know that this wrapper has been tested with the tools that NI provides for cross-compilation, but I would guess that there's some configuration issue with the tools since we're talking about a fairly non-standard build (building on Windows x86_64 binaries meant to run on Linux armv7a softfp). The tools work within the Eclipse toolchain that they are shipped (with a bit of well-documented configuration settings).

Did you read through the CMake cross-compile guide?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,323 Views)

Hello,

since I had the same issue, here is the solution. Add the following flags in cmake:

CMAKE_C_FLAGS = --sysroot=C:\build\17.0\x64\sysroots\core2-64-nilrt-Linux

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS = --sysroot=C:\build\17.0\x64\sysroots\core2-64-nilrt-linux

The NI Vision OpenCV Support help file is missing this information.

Andreas Gareis
Senior Applications Engineer, NI
Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,208 Views)