NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy and paste string text

Hello,

I am working with a cRIO-9030 running labview RT 2014.

On multiple string controls, I highlight the text and press Ctrl-C or Ctrl-X and nothing happens. I can highlight the data and right click and press copy data, but the right click option for paste is not enabled nor does Ctrl-V work. Has anyone seen this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,678 Views)

Is this interaction happening on the embedded UI or on the host when running the VI from the IDE interactively?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,363 Views)

embedded UI running rtexe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,363 Views)

Quick Follow up

An NI applications engineer was able to recreate this issue with a cRIO-9031, and escalated this known issue. It's CAR is #580611.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,363 Views)

I'm running into the same problem with LV2017 on the cRIO. Is this issue solved? How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,860 Views)

I see that the issue is still open internally, and I can reproduce the issue, however I also was able to find a work-around: the middle-click.

This assumes you have a 3-button (or scrollwheel-with-click) mouse connected to the target. If you select the text with left-click-dragging the cursor (that's it, just highlight, no keyboard presses), you can use the middle button (or clicking the scroll wheel) to "paste". I've verified that this works: control → control, control → external application (text editor), indicator → control, and indicator → external application.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,853 Views)

Thats great if you have a 3 button mouse, but is there a keyboard shortcut aswell (we have Touchscreen & Keyboard)?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,098 Views)