NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to SD card on sbrio 9627

Hello all,

I'm trying to log data to an SD Card on an sbrio-9627. I have formatted an 8GB SD Card to FAT32 and connected it directly to the SD port and can log data without an issue. However, I need to use an SD card extender due to the location of the SD port. When I plug the extender in, the SD card LED on the board lights up for about a second then turns off, I'm guessing indicating that the SD card has not mounted properly. I tried the SD card and extender on my Windows laptop and no issue there.

Is there any information on use of SD card extenders on sbrio that someone could help with?

Thanks,
Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,674 Views)

Hi Dave.

If you're using an SD extender, then it will probably have a detrimental impact on the timing of communication on the port due to the cable length. Because we support relatively high-speed SD cards, the timing on these ports is quite strict. It's also worth noting that for SD cards, what matters is round-trip time. So, as you increase the cable length, the timing gets bad pretty quickly. Given these considerations, I am not surprised that an extender would be fine with an everyday laptop but would not work with an sbRIO.

It's possible that using a shorter extender would resolve the problem, but because we don't test SD card extenders with our controllers, I'm afraid I don't know how short it would need to be and can't make any guarantees.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,622 Views)

Hello,

how did you manage to mount and read on your SD card? Did you use a CLIP? Would you mind sending me your code?I have an sbRIO9607 and I want to use the SDIO peripherals. For that, I need to do a Socketed CLIP. But it doesn't work. When I mount my card I have this problem : You cannot mount or demount an SD card on your operating system.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,289 Views)