From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdav: is it possible to filter files/folders depending on user permissions?

Hi,

can I configure webdav to give users access to specific folders/files? By default, users who have FSread permission (configured from NI auth web page) can have access to all the filesystem through a webdav client or through HTTP:

webDav_access.PNG

My purpose is to force some users to see and manipulate only a portion of the 9068 folders (e.g. /home/lvuser). Can it be achieved by modifying webdav configuration somehow? Or I'm forced to use other tools like Samba?

Thanks

Fabio

Fabio M.
NI
Principal Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,177 Views)

WebDAV doesn't provide very granular access controls, so the only option at the moment is to use FSRead and FSWrite NI-Auth permissions to either give full access or no access.

SFTP (SSH file transfer protocol) may be a good option for you. All NI-Auth user accounts are also Linux users, which means they have UIDs on the system, they're capable of owning files, and can log-in via SSH. See http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14626/en/#primarycontentcontainer for more info about enabling SSH on NI Linux RT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,576 Views)

I would like to have webDAV access from hosts to sbRIO-9607 with only file read access (for data readout sbRIO->windows)

If I understand Haris_Okanovic post I can create a user with only file read permissions FSRead.

I do this using the web configuration interface to create this user (here called dgc). However there is no way to _not_ have the user to belong to group everyone - remove button is grayed out. And everyone can for instance make a reboot which I don't want - only read (certain) files. The configuration page looks like below.

Why can't I remove the user from everyone?

group everyone cannot be removedgroup everyone cannot be removed

The users group is set up to have only FSRead:users have only FSRead permissionsusers have only FSRead permissions

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,103 Views)