NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Read kernel Error on CRIO 9066

Hello All, 

I hope I will find someone to resolve this issue given below:

I have connected Jobst Biosensor Transmitter (“Six”) Encapsulated and Ismatec peristaltic pump ( ISM4412P) to the host port of the CRIO 9066 via USB hub(2.0). Firstly, at the power cycle of the CRIO, I'm able to read the value from Jobst transmitter and set a specific flow rate to the pump without any hinder. The connection for the given session will lose once after, I have manually stopped the vi and continuing it again. I have verified the RT error logs to troubleshoot this error, and I observed that there is a kernel error which I have attached by highlighting the issue I'm worried about.

Kernel Error.PNG

Secondly, I would like to highlight is the Jobst transmitter, It will update a data at every 1.7 seconds once with 25 bytes of the data frame. In spite of fast reading at every second from the port, What I have observed is after some times, the bytes at the port keeps increasing up to 4096 bytes and slowly reduce to zero again it keeps increasing up to 4096 bytes. I have given the snap of my code below that someone of you could provide your comments on how could I Improve the read.

Followed by thirdly, once after the session of the pump is lost, the pump serial writes vi will give an error, whereas In case of the Jobst transmitter, there won't be any error and the bytes at the serial port will become zero. 

In my opinion, all these errors are interrelated, might be knowing the reason behind the kernel error would help me to fix this issue. I have googled about the kernel error and found some information which I assume that this issue is related to the speed of the USB. It would be great if someone could provide an insight into the kernel error, where to start debugging. I would appreciate your help.

Serial Write.PNG

Thank you in advance!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(931 Views)