From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Linux FTP Server doesn't support more than 31 files in the directory

It took me a while to figure this out since the code has always worked on VxWorks and Phar Lap, and seemed to work on RT Linux at my desk (it did since I didn't many files on the FTP path), but I traced it down to 31+ files in the path being queried results in an error.  I see the error in LV (using "FTP Directory Listing.vi) and via Windows FTP via command prompt (ls).

Even commanding "dir sbin" using FTP in a Windows command prompt doesn't work (closes the connection).

See attached files.

Unless there is something that has to be configured for RT Linux to support more than 31 files, this seems to be an OS bug.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,804 Views)

What is the version of the OS that you're using on the target? There was an issue that came up too late to resolve in 2017 for FTP (a deprecated feature). You can resolve this issue by editing the /etc/vsftpd.conf file and inserting the following setting

seccomp_sandbox=NO

Restart the target and check that this resolved your issue. Anytime that you install software through MAX, this may reinstall the base OS that will undo this change.

Again, this is a known issue and is slated to be fixed.

Message 2 of 4
(2,769 Views)

Version 4.6.7-rt14-5.0.0f0

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,759 Views)

Yeah, that's 2017. Add the setting that I mentioned to the noted config file and reboot.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,757 Views)