NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PyQt out of memory, not a plugin

Hi,

I have an existing Python3/PyQt5 application that id like to use on 2018 LV RT.  I upgraded to 2021 LV  RT image to get access to okpg python3, pip3, pyQt5 and a newer version of pyinstaller.  I built the existing source into .SO on 2021 LV RT  and it works great. 

I was thinking that i might be able to take the 2021 .SO and move it to the 2018 LV RT image (seeing as how everything is compiled now.) since my coworkers are all using 2018 LV RT still.

Well, im getting  "Failed to load platform plugin "xcb" " while launching qt5 app on linux without qt installed when trying to execute the 2021 LV RT .SO on 2018 LV RT

Ive followed every suggestion there without success.

What i actually see in the output of the QFactoryLoader is something about "out of memory" and "not a plugin."  The loader is picking it up from the exact path im specifying.  This error does not occur on the 2021 LV RT.  I checked df -h and have plenty of space left on the 2018 image.

So, im guessing that the SO created in the 2021 image will just not work on the 2018 image?  

Im in the process of creating a python 2, PyQt4 version of the code just so it runs on the 2018 LV RT image.

Does anyone have experience with getting SOs to work from one version of RT to another?

I realize this isnt a standard use case of the RT linux environment, but this application is exactly what we need. no reason to reinvent the wheel.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(678 Views)