NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXE Boot Linux RT for PXI

Solved!
Go to solution

No problem. I'm glad to hear it worked out!

When you get a chance, please send me the updated script; e.g. a PR on github or attache it here. I'd like to incorporate your change. I imagine others using opkg/ipk installation will hit this issue as well.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(1,557 Views)

I just added a line to the exclude section to not add the folder where my IT put the ipk files from the NI PXI Linux RT repo

/etc/opt/ - which he broke into NI and another folder.

We have disconnected systems, so in order to make sure I had all the IPK available from the NI REPO in case I wanted to install something, he loaded every .ipk from the repo into the /etc/opt/ folder - a practice most (maybe?) would not do when commissioning a Linux system.  I am guessing on that part.  But it was of course very large almost 2.5GB worth of packages.

I can upload the modified .sh on my fork of your repo, and post it here.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(1,552 Views)

Oh, I see, you have an offline feed. There's no standard path which we can blacklist. I thought you removed some standard cache directory that got bloated on your system.

I added a blacklist option to the script ( -b ) allowing users to specify files/dirs to exclude. Might be useful here.

https://github.com/harisokanovic/nilrt-net-boot/blob/ddacb204eefa8518120ee783ef9bf4d016dbf5ca/nilrt-...

Message 23 of 28
(1,542 Views)

Ah yes, that works nicely without having to edit the .sh itself

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(1,531 Views)

Tried to build a new netboot image with the -b option and ran into an error.

I posted an issue on the Github repo with screenshot.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(1,523 Views)

Just to update the thread to make sure everyone knows - the Github code is working, the -b blacklist option is fully working.

I have a working Netboot process with my PXIe-8840QC that uses the image created to load from my tftp /dhcp server.  The option to utilize an nfs image as the boot is not natively supported by the NI Kernel, but could be enabled on a custom build of the kernel.  I am not sure I want to go down that path just yet of a custom kernel build, as I am not a Linux expert.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 28
(1,476 Views)

I want to change my NI PXIe 8840 QC from windows to Linux RT.

Now the PXI is into Linux safemode.

But when I formdisk form MAX, the MAX crashed.

If you have did this change?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(1,380 Views)

@AmilyChen It sounds like you need to follow the process documented here:

Provisioning a PXI Controller to the NI Linux Real-Time Operating System

David C
Message 28 of 28
(1,363 Views)