NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load class default on RT in dev mode?

My hunch is that this isn't possible, but I suppose it's worth asking. I have an application where I have attempted a plug-in style architecture. The caveat is that I can't use PPL's because the same source is deployed to both PC and RT systems. 

I use the load class default by path vi to dynamically load classes without them needing to be in the project or on the BD. I know that for deployment, I'll have to include the dynamically loaded classes in the build. Not a true plug-in architecture, but venturing in that direction (I've asked LV R&D to figure out how to add PPL selection based on target in NXG...probably years away). Testing in dev mode on the PC for PC systems (think cDAQ) it all works fine. What I realized when I started prep for testing on a cRIO-9045 was that the classes to be loaded dynamically won't exist on the target. I don't know if it's even possible to load them on the target in such a way that I can run the RT app from the development environment. 

Is there a way to load class default by path on an RT running in dev mode? The alternative is that I just have to test what I can and then build the RT App, deploy, and rely on the interactive hooks, error, and event logging to tell me if the app loaded correctly. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,843 Views)

Hey wrkcrw00,

Currently, there is not going to be a simple answer for the specific project needs you referenced. The alternative you mentioned is probably your best bet. Build the RT app (perhaps make the app Debuggable in the Advanced settings) and deploy it for testing.

The option we would normally recommend would be to use 2 separate projects for RT and Windows, so you can use PPLs. However, you already ruled this out.

Better late than never,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,783 Views)