From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Device: Linux RT 100% CPU Load

Hi

I got a Custom Device which performs some CAN-Communications. The Custom Device runs for hours on end in Pharlap. I made a distribution for LinuxRT, at first the custom device seems to run correcty but after a while on of the Controller's (PXIe8840eQC) cores jump to 100% and the PXI responds no more.

In Phalap the load is kinda stable, in Linux the load jumps all over the place.

does anyone know how can I avoid this behaviour?

I know the post is a bit general but i can not post the CD. Maybe there are some considerations for the linuxRT Programming that differ from  Pharlap?

-A

---------------------------------------------------

Projektingenieur
Restbust, Simulations and HiL development
Custom Device Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,405 Views)

Is this in LabVIEW? I'd try and run in the development environment to see when the CPU goes to 100%. Yes, there are some considerations. For example, if you were opening a file that's at a different path in Linux, then that error could make a function that normally waits patiently (eg dequeue) immediately return an error which might use 100% of the CPU

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,313 Views)

Hi,

Yes the implementation is in LabVIEW.

I discoverd, that the problem was, that too many of my VIs had high priority.  I set most of the VIs to normal priority and the problem is now gone.

---------------------------------------------------

Projektingenieur
Restbust, Simulations and HiL development
Custom Device Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,293 Views)