From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application WebServer frequent 500 and 503 responses when in link-local, works fine with dhcp connection

We recently had our network go down so I was trying to debug our application on an sbRIO-9607 (LinuxRT). I removed my computer and sbrio from the network and created a link-local network. We have some webpages and Webservices hosted on the sbrio that we use to help diagnose the application and we were frequently getting 500 and 503 response codes on these calls when using link-local. Prior to this and after the network was restored the webservices behave correctly. I had restarted our sbRIO during the downtime to grab a link-local ip. I verified I could see it an max.

I'm deploying with LabVIEW 2016. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also I could not debug our rtexe on the target while in link-local. We have a fairly sizable application but I was kind of shocked it was saying it couldn't find a application to debug.

When I get a chance I'll try static IP address without a gateway to see if that allows the webserver to run stable.

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,972 Views)