NI Labs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the NI TestStand Toolkit for Large Application Development!

Anke,

In TestStand, the Tools pull-down menu, there is an item "Update Sequence Files..."

Best regards,
Joe
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(11,989 Views)
Joe,

Smiley Happy  thank you for the hint.

But honestly - a tool name like "Update Sequence Files..." is clearly a case of applied information hiding!

Best regards
Anke
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(11,976 Views)
AnkeS,

If you are currently editing the file, you can change the file format from Edit -> Sequence File Properties-> File Format comboBox

Regards
Anand Jain
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(11,964 Views)
Hi,

In case any one is interested I modified the 'TestStand Large Applications Development' package to allow TestStand version 4.1.0 XML sequences to be viewed.

I can upload the package.  The user just has to simply extract the archive and maintain the same directory tree and use the web browser Sequence file viewer in lieu of the stand alone EXE viewer.

Bryan C.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(11,738 Views)

Hi Bryan,

If you have chance please upload your modified one and share with us.  I currently have StestStand 4.1.0 which generate XML file that the current  'TestStand Large Applications Development' can't read.

Thank you very muck

Thienai

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(10,664 Views)

The SequenceFile Viewer has been updated to view TestStand 4.1.x and prior Sequence Files. It can be found in the NI TestStand Toolkit for Large Application Development.

Note: TestStand 4.2 Sequence Files can not yet be viewed in the SequenceFile Viewer.

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(10,652 Views)

You mention that the new update of the viewer supports sequence files saved in versions prior to 4.1.x. I have files saved in 3.5 that I would like to utilize the viewer with but I can not seem to get around the 4.0 xml requirement.

Any ideas?

James

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(10,594 Views)

My apologies James,

I failed to specify that it will read 4.0.x and 4.1.x Sequence Files that are saved in XML format. The Sequence File Viewer relies on Sequence Files being saved in XML format due to the parsing method it implements. Unfortunately, in TestStand 3.5 and prior, the option to specify your Sequence File format on disk was not available and TestStand 3.5 and prior Sequence Files were saved in .ini format.

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(10,588 Views)