NI Labs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Adaptive Filter Start-Up Kit Discussion Thread

An adaptive filter is a filter capable of adjusting its coefficients based on certain optimization algorithm. Adaptive filters have been applied to a wide range of applications, such as noise cancellation, channel equalization and online prediction. The adaptive filter start-up kit consists of two parts, algorithm VIs and application demos. The kit is designed as the starting point for users to build adaptive filter applications with NI software and hardware. This kit also can be used for adaptive filter research and teaching purposes.

I will monitor this thread. I am looking forward for the feedback from you.

Kevin Wang

Staff Software Engineer

Message 1 of 18
(22,385 Views)
How to play Adaptive Filter Start-up Kit with LabVIEW 8.5

1.      Manually copy Adaptive Filters folder to addons folder (…\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\addons\...)

2.      Manually copy Adaptive Filters Start-Up folder to National Instruments folder (…\Program Files\National Instruments\...)

Kevin Wang

Staff Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(22,175 Views)

I couldn't extract the AdaptiveFilters.zip folder with WinRaR. It says that archive is damaged. can you please update it.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(22,118 Views)

Hi Gaurav,

You should be able to unzip this file just by WinXP.  Just right click on Adaptive Filters.zip and select Extract All... item.  Please let me know if you still encounter some problems.

Thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(22,108 Views)
Hi Kevin,

After saving AdaptiveFilter.zip on my desktop, I did right click on it and tried to unzip it using WinZip->Extract to Folder..,  I got the following error -

"End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a Zip file, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part Zip file."

Can you please help me in getting the contents of the Adaptive Filter?

Thanks
Gaurav
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(22,097 Views)

I just downloaded it and get the same error. I even tried to unzip with two different programs (Windows XP compressed folders and Iceows).

The zip file seems corrupt to me too. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(22,093 Views)
After deleting all the temporary internet files from my IE, I downloaded this file again and did reproduce this problem. I found that the file size was incorrect. It is pretty strange. I am really sorry for this. I will contact my other colleagues and try to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Thanks
Kevin
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(22,074 Views)
Gaurav and Proven,

We have fixed this problem. Please try again!

BTW: Thank you for letting us know this problem.

Kevin
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(22,058 Views)
I am getting some errors while running the attached VI. Can you please check this? My application is noise cancellation using FIR LMS algorithm. The input to the program is a
'Cleaned Wave File'. In a mathscript node, I do the coloring of the noise and add to the input clean wave to generate "Input + Noise" signal. These are fed to the adaptive filter block. The output from this application should be again "Cleaned Signal". Can anyone please resolve my errors?

"SaveFile.wav" is the cleaned wave file that is input to the program....
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(20,788 Views)
It is not allowing me to attach a .wav file. Please take the file from this NI website:-

Please remember to select "SaveFile.wav" and not "Windowsstartup" for my application.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(20,787 Views)