From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Labs Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Compiled Code for VIs and other files

Mark VIs and other files to Separate Compiled Code tool can be used to mark/unmark a directory hierarchy of VIs and project libraries to separate compiled code from source file. It provides a way to batch convert Files outside the project interface.

System Requirement: LabVIEW 2010 or later

Usage: Place the "SeparateCompiledCode.llb" in your <LabVIEW>/project folder.

After restarting LabVIEW, you will be able to find "Mark VIs Separate Compiled Code..." in your tools menu.

Comments
ThiCop
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

This can indeed be very useful!

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
SMcGraw
NI Employee (retired)
on

Please download the latest version.  The first version had a bug where it would only mark VIs but not other file types.

warren_scott
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

broken for files inside .llb's

SMcGraw
NI Employee (retired)
on

Thank you for reporting this bug.  I've updated the tool so it now works for files inside .llbs

Mike_Diesen
on

Will this funcationality work with LabVIEW 2015?

SMcGraw
NI Employee (retired)
on

Yes, this works with 2015.

TeraTech
on

Kudos on the great tool! I am baffled as to why this has not been incorporated into LabVIEW.

Could someone comment on the usage of the tool?  Should I first clear compiled object cache, run the SeparateCompiledCode tool on my top level project folder, then follow it with a  Mass Compile of that folder?

If I now want to copy this folder to another computer: On the destination computer, first do a clear compiled object cache, dopy the vis over, do Mass Compile on the new vis?

^TeraTech.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Check out this lengthy post of mostly complaints)
Contributors