NI Labs Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW FPGA RF Communications Library 3.0

This library provides a set of fixed-point RF Communications VIs developed using LabVIEW FPGA.

For LabVIEW FPGA 8.6 and 2009 users:

The archived version "FPGA RF Communications Library 2.1.zip" is available below.

This does not have any new additions or bug fixes to the library.

For LabVIEW FPGA 2010 users:

We recommend you to use "FPGA RF Communications Library 3.0.zip" attached below.

After installation you will find "RF Communications (FPGA)" menu in the LabVIEW/ LabVIEW FPGA palette.

All the VIs are copied to ..\LV\vi.lib\addons\_RF Fixed Point\...

Download the attachment below and let us know what you think. We'd love to hear your feedback!

Examples on how to use these VIs in LabVIEW FPGA using PXIe-5641R/ PXIe-7965R can be found here.

CONTENTS

1. PN Bit Generation
  2. Channel Encoders
    • Differential Encoder
    • Convolution Encoder
    • Reed-Solomon Encoder [255, 239,8]
  3. Channel Decoders
    • Differential Decoder
    • Soft/ Hard Decision Viterbi decoder [Generic for K= 7]
    • Reed-Solomon Decoder [255,239,8], [255,237,9]
  4. Modulation
    • PM Modulation
    • FM Modulation
    • ASK Modulation
    • PSK Modulation (Normal, Differential)
  5. Demodulation
    • FM Demodulation
    • M-PSK Demodulation (Normal, Differential)
  6. Impairments
    • Add AWGN
  7. Measurements
    • Measure BER (PN Galois)
  8. Utilities
    • Fractional Resampler
    • FIR Filter
    • Apply Frequency Offset
    • Apply Gain
    • Digital AGC
    • Insert Zeros
    • Pack/ Unpack Bits (Ux to Uy)
Regards,
Natasa
Comments
hemudu
on

I download and install on LabVIEW FPGA 2010, but see nothing palette VI.

Does this support FPGA Module higher than 8.6.1?

Thanks

Rick_K
NI Employee (retired)
on

The VIs should still work, but the old installer does not put the VIs in the right folders for 2010. Just use the VIs right out of the old folders or copy them over to the user directory of LV2010

anas_khan91
on

you must have labview 2010 installed on your system

Tony_Chiang
on

I downloaded FPGA RF Communication Library 3.0.zip but I could not unzip it successfully. Could you help me to check the file attached is fine or not?

Thank you.

Vinay_Kumar
on

Hi Tony, I am able to download and unzip the files successfully. I tried it just now.

Tony_Chiang
on

Hi Vinay, I downloaded it with another web browser (using IE to download is fine but using Chrome isn't) and it works fine. Thank you.

Vinay_Kumar
on

Strange. I used Chrome and was fine on my machine.

MSolo
on

Is there an IP core for LabView FPGA that supports Reed - Solomon encoding with arbitrary (e.g., user-specified) block length?

Vinay_Kumar
on

We do not have a fully configurable RS encoder, as of today.

However, the IP in the library, can be configured to use shorten block length such that n-k=16 and the same feild generator and code generator polynomials are being used.

griffindore
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Any chance we can get a VI package put up on the LabVIEW Tools Network for this?

Vinay_Kumar
on

Hi Mike, This is a good idea. So far there are no plans to add this on the LabVIEW Tools Network.

Oswald_seu
on

Hi, VinayKumar. I have installed Labview 2011,does examples using LabVIEW FPGA RF Communications Library 3.0 work?

Vinay_Kumar
on

Yes, the examples should work as is in LV 2011.

However, if you plan on developing using the FPGA VIs, I would recommend you to install LVFPGA 2011 SP1 or later.

Oswald_seu
on

Thank you for your suggestion! I am now studying RFID, I want to do the modulation and coding on IFRIO 5421R,Could you give me some ASK examples on FPGA? or give me some tips when programming FPGA.

Best Wish!

Vinay_Kumar
on

Modulation Toolkit would be a good starting point to start developing fixed point code. As of today, I do not have ASK example on FPGA.

Avinaash
on

Its good to have RF Communications library from NI labs. Can we get a Digital Down Converter VI.?

Vinay_Kumar
on

The DDC VIs are bundled with NI 5791 adapter module which can be used on 7965R FlexRIO.

Avinaash
on

Thanks a lot Vinay. Upgraded my FAM Support to 3.1.1 from 3.0.1.

Now my functions palette has DSP pallete under NI-579x configuration I think I can use these VIs with NI 5781 adapter module on 7965R.

Thanks.

BSacco
on

I have just installed RF Communications (FPGA) library, it looks great!

However, I can't see any documentation. The detailed help seems missing too.

Where I am wrong?

Thanks!

Vinay_Kumar
on

The context help of the VIs on the FPGA palette are intended to guide the user regarding the function and how to go about using them. Additionally, examples (link shared above) show users how to stitch multiple VIs. The VIs are open and are structured so that block diagrams become self explanatory.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Active Participant
Active Participant
on

This library looks really interesting! Could you please repackage it as a VI Package to aid dependency  management and version control?

BSacco
on

Hi Vinay, thank you for your kind reply. In facts, yes, I alread managed to use some block.

You really did a great work! Thanks!

jadoon
on

Hi everyone..wanted to ask that in rf Communication library 2.1 filters like pulse shaping and match filters are available their..as i am using labview 2011so i have to use rf communication 3.0 and those filters are not available in it.so is their any way i can import those filters...thankyou..

Vinay_Kumar
on

Pulse shaping and Matched filters can be seen as FIR filters with different sets of coefficients. FIR filters are available under "Utilities" palette. Please see examples of how to use them at https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16660 in Modulators and Demodulators.

jadoon
on

thanks vinay..got your point..

jadoon
on

hi ..this library doesnot provide  QAM demodulation...is their any way that using this i can perform 16 QAM demodulation using this library..

Vinay_Kumar
on

Jadoon, QAM demod may require a very specific implementation based on your usecase. We would like to hear from you regarding any missing building block in this library that might be of use for your application.

jadoon
on

Hiiii  Vinay thanks for your earlier response i am working on demodulator project. which includes qpsk,8psk and 16 qam signal. i have done qpsk and 8 psk using this library. so i have to perform 16qam demodulation using this library so kindly if you can guide me in this respect

Thanks again for your help and support....

mahesh1989
on

hi.... i want to try it for 16-QAM modulation ll this work for it?????

Vinay_Kumar
on

For Modulation, you will have to modify the PSK Modulation to handle 16 symbols in the map.

This library does not support 16-QAM demodulation.

jadoon
on

hello ,

i am facing a problem that when i place MPSK demodulator.vi from RF communication library.i get an error "ni fpga MPSK demodulator sub vi not executable and polymorphic vi is not executable .firstly it was working properly .but two days ago i downloaded LV2010 5641R DPSK demodulator and open this i got this error and now it even in new project am placing that vi i get that error mentioned above.so please if any one knows how to resolve this issue

thankyou verymuch

jadoon
on

Hello every one,error.PNG

i am using this example  LV2010 5641R DPSK demodulator .when i compile this on NI PXie 5641R i get the following error shown above.it keeps on compiling for about 38 minutes mentioning generating cores.then this error appears.so any one knowing about this error.

My system RAM is 4 GB .

thankyou.

AmitShachaf
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Hi,

Are you using Window 7 64bit?

I had some memory issues when using Window XP 32bit and labVIEW 2010 FPGA.

It worked better for me when using Window 64bit with LabVIEW 32bit for FPGA devlopmet.

Thanks - Amit,

Amit Shachaf
jadoon
on

Hi,

thankyou for reply..am using windows 7- 32 bit.and labview 2011 SP1.if any solution possible for this combination.please let me know,

thankyou

HustLiliAn
on

Hi, everyone . I have encountered a problem with the library 3.0. The error appear in the niFPGARF MPSK Demodulator.vi ,  the error is about the "DSP48E" , my labview version is 2011 and labview fpga 2011 and hardware is pxie  7965R.

1. when I run the vi, the error

error.jpg

2. find the error is about DSP48E

DSP48E_error.jpg

3. I search the DSP48E in my lv2011, is just like this.

dsp48e_lv2011.jpg

I just wonder whether you meet this problem with lv2011 , and how can solve it , thanks

Vinay_Kumar
on

Please use LabVIEW FPGA 2011 SP1.

LabVIEW has fixed this issue.

HustLiliAn
on

Vinay_Kumar, Thanks , Whether I just need to install Labview FPGA 2011 SP1 or  reinstall all Labview 2011 SP1?  Can you give a link about the Labview FPGA 2011 SP1  driver ?

Vinay_Kumar
on
HustLiliAn
on

Whether lv 2012 and lv fpga 2012 will be ok ? thanks

Vinay_Kumar
on

Yes, LV FPGA 2012 is also fine.

bhavik92
on

I want to allow debugging on all the subvis of BCH encoding so that I can single step through execution to understand it's functionality and modify it....................Is there a shortcut to do that...by default, sub vis open as clones and single stepping can't be enabled inside subvis...?..thanks..

IITJ
on

Hi Vinay,

Does this library support  DQPSK demodulation for 7965 ?

Vinay_Kumar
on

Yes, this library supports DQPSK demodulation on devices which have Virtex 5 or above FPGAs.

Reference examples are shared at https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16660

goldenlight2013
on

Hi

I download the FPGA 3.0, install it and put it in the directory of labveiw 2012, however, it could still not fully load the reed-solomon code, when I try to open it, it starts to open a block ask me to find 1. ni5640r template.lvlib

2. NiFpgalv,dll

3. niroi_resource_hc.ctl

and so on

Does someone know the reason or it is the problem of labview 2012?

Kind Regards

Jun Li

avishekpatra
on

Hi Vinay,

I have LabVIEW FPGA 2012. I tried installing the LabVIEW FPGA RF Communications Library 3.0 and LabVIEW FPGA RF Communications Library 2.1 but in both cases, the installation summary read as below:

Installation Summary

No software will be installed or removed.

Does this mean, the components are already added? Or something is missing?

Note that I am trying to re-install my complete LabVIEW Setup after uninstalling my previous installation completely. Previously, I was able to install the LabVIEW FPGA RF Communications Libraries.

Can you help with this?

Regards,

Avishek

tvogel
NI Employee (retired)
on

Hi Vinay,

I'm having the same problem as Avishek with LV2013, it has been de- and reinstalled recently and now I'm unable to install the LV FPGA RF Communication Library 3.0 with the same error as above.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Vinay_Kumar
on

Did you uninstall LVFPGA RF Comms Library 3.0 before installing it on latest LV?

Alternative is to move files from

<Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\addons\_RF Fixed Point>

to

<Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\addons\_RF Fixed Point>

Vinay_Kumar
on

This message usually come when there is the same version of RF Comms Library already installed. Try uninstalling the existing one and install the again. While installing, select the latest LV version.

tvogel
NI Employee (retired)
on

yes, after scrolling down in the Programs managment window I found the old installation.

I wasn't expecting it there so I only deinstalled all the National Instrument stuff.

Now it works, thanks a lot.

User002
Not applicable
on

Every time I try to load one of the VIs on here, a dependency is needed. What are the lists of dependencies for this library and where I get them? For example, one of the libraries I needed was FXPMathLib.