NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to NI Dynamic Signal Acquisition Soft Front Panel

20170517 update released to address cosmetic issues and add support for new measurement types such as charge and charge-mode accelerometers supported by PXIe 4480.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(3,746 Views)

2018 update published!

Both applications were built for 64-bit which allows for larger data sizes. (now requires LabVIEW 64-bit run-time engine)

Launch the SFPs for your DSA hardware from MAX.

Some other cosmetic and usability issues addressed. If you observe issues or have requests, post here to let us know!

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(3,435 Views)

Note, the DSA and DSG Soft Front Panels are freely provided to let you use NI DSA hardware with no programming.

Recommended devices for dynamic signal generation:

PCI 4461

PXI 4461

PXIe 4463

USB 4431

NI 9260

Recommended devices for dynamic signal acquisition:

PCI 4461

PXI 4461

PXI 4462

PXI 4492

PXIe 4464

PXIe 4480

PXIe 4492

PXIe 4497

PXIe 4499

USB 4431

USB 4432

NI 9232

NI 9234

NI 9250

NI 9251

and more....

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(3,432 Views)

I'd like to use DSG and DSA at the same time. Seems like this should be doable but I get errors about shared resources. Isn't it possible to run a signal on the DSG and then collect data at the same time on the DSA?

thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(3,363 Views)

This is absolutely supported. Sometimes, when using the SFPs on the same piece of hardware like a 4461 which supports AI and AO, the DAQmx driver coerces the specified sample rate such that I have to tweak my rate in whichever panel I run second. Post your exact error message, and maybe we can provide more directed guidance.

In fact, you can even run multiple DSA SFPs and multiple DSG SFPs simultaneously.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(3,360 Views)

Also, just to verify, you are running the executables as opposed to the sample project VIs.?.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(3,358 Views)

DSA and DSG simultaneous operation.png

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(3,356 Views)

can you generate frequency response plots aka transfer functions using NI DSA Soft Front Panels? Not just the FRF from an acceleromter but rather the TF for two accelerometers say from a shaker and and cantilever beam.

thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(3,355 Views)

The executable does not, but one can modify the SVT sample project to do that. Also, there are examples in LV and in SVT that compute the transfer function (see also frequency response).

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(3,352 Views)

Thanks Doug

That is too bad. I like the idea of the soft front panels. My colleagues use much more sophisticated software (from competitors?) that is over kill from a classroom perspective. The DSA works nice but that one addition of generating a transfer function from shaker or impact hammer would make it perfect.

I can do it with Signal Express and make it pretty no brain to setup for students. I have limited Labview programming skills and the students have very little. The course is focusing on Vibrations not Programming.

thanks though. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't pushing the wrong button.

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(3,348 Views)